Wednesday 1 February 2017

New challenge in only 30 mins


Hello everyone, thanks for popping in! Today being the first day of the month sees a new challenge start at Country View Crafts and it's a fab one chosen for us by the fabulously Talented Sue. Make something in 30mins!

All your entries entitle you to be in the draw to win £20 to spend in the shop plus Sue will pick her favs. So come on don't be shy set your timer and go!

For my inspiration I chose to work in my small journal!

 

Here's what I did, I'll provide a list at the bottom of materials used.

I knew I wanted to get sticking so I gathered all my supplies and set my timer, I forgot to screen capture the start and finish times
But trust me I stuck to my limit! 

 
So everything got stuck down with Matt medium and painted over with White. Wasn't sure where I was going here as although I knew I was doing a 
Journal page I hadn't a clue at this stage what it would be. I love all the different textures you can see below!

 
Still not knowing where I was going I add some infusions in my fav colour Violet Storm. I loved the effect, you can see more below!

 


Then for some unknown reason I grabbed the spray paints and sprayed it Pink

 
I loved how the Infusions darkened the pink giving different values to the piece and creating some depth. 

I knew now it had to be one of these fabulous girls which I painted with watercolours and added shading with Pencils 

 
Added my sentiment and time was up. I had 3 mins spare so not bad! Let's take a last look.

 

 Ranger- Matt Medium : Paper Artsy - Infusions,  Snowflake Fresco Acrylic: Lyndy's Stamp Gang Sprays - Moon shadow Mist, Moonlight Mulberry: StarTrish Designs by Trish Latimer - Whimsy Girl 2 
If you have any questions please leave in comment or use my contact page found at the top of my home Page.

Hugs for now xx
 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Fabulous layered design and beautifully put together Debs and what a great choice for the time challenge. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely colours and textures Deb, great art journal page x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Debs, I love this image, and all your wonderful textures. I really must dig out my infusions 'cos they look lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant page Deb, I love the Girl stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Deb ! Love it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project, Debs! I love that you used different textures, my favourites are the lace flowers! The girl is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely page in that limited time! Your layering and coloring looks fabulous, dear Debs!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS page - love it - stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layers of amazing texture colored this way just make my heart sing! Gorgeous coloring of the girl, coordinating perfectly. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig